Desktop Conferencing (Messaging - Chat)
Instant messaging and real time communication between staff and students.
- Hold instant message (or chat) conversations with a colleagues or group of colleagues
- Check at-a-glance if someone is free, busy or away from their desk
- Share files and hyperlinks quickly and easily without having to send an email
- Hold voice or video conferences with internal and external colleagues, including screen sharing, using just a web browser
To access Desktop Conferencing remotely use AppsAnywhere, and select Skype for Business or use Teams.
To use Zoom remotely visit the Zoom Webpage.
Microsoft Teams can be accessed from
A web browser, by visiting teams.microsoft.com (firstname.lastname@example.org and your usual password)Desktop application or Windows, Mac or Linux (currently in public-preview)Mobile applicationsfor iOS and AndroidSkype for Business has been deployed to all MDS PCs, contracted University staff can request Skype for Business via the Self Service Portal.
- For more information about this service, please select the Knowledge Articles and FAQ button at the top of the page.
- To directly log a call with the IT Service Desk select the Self Service Portal button.
- If you require immediate help and support, contact the IT Service Desk on +44 (0)191 334 1515 (or extension 41515), or visit the counter service at the Bill Bryson Library.