Storage: Personal Cloud (OneDrive)
Category: Data Storage and Retrieval
Encrypted cloud storage for personal data that is accessible anywhere with an internet connection on any device via a web browser or dedicated App. OneDrive for Business offers seamless collaboration on files and folders with Durham University users and External contacts.
- You have 1TB of secure personal cloud storage space with your OneDrive University account
- Files stored in OneDrive can be accessed and updated anywhere with an internet connection and a web browser or via the dedicated OneDrive desktop and mobile apps
- OneDrive is a safe and secure storage option for personal documents and confidential data
- By default, files stored in your OneDrive are private and will only be accessible to other users when you share them
- When you leave the University your University OneDrive account will no longer be available
- For large amounts of research data, Personal Research Storage (PRS) and Shared Research Storage (SRS) may be more appropriate
To access Personal Cloud Storage (OneDrive) remotely use OneDrive sync client installed on an MDS device or visit portal.office.com and click the OneDrive icon.
- There is no requirement to request a OneDrive for Business account, most users have access automatically The 1TB storage allocation may be increased in increments of 1TB to 5TB by request to the IT Service Desk
- Storage allocation requests should be submitted to the IT Service Desk
- Support documentation can be found via the Unidesk Knowledge Base and the Office 365 Learning Portal
- For other OneDrive for Business related queries please contact the IT Service Desk (ext. 41515) or the Self Service Portal - https://dur.unidesk.ac.uk