Storage: Personal Research Storage (PRS)
Category: Data Storage and Retrieval
Storage provision for individual researchers' documents.
- Each PRS will initially only have a single top level folder which the owner will have access to.
- Management of your PRS should be done using the Storage Tool.
- For each top level folder you can specify users who will have read and write access and those who will have read only access.
- Access must be set at the top level folder level, any folder beneath this will inherit access rules from the top level folder above.
- You are responsible for all data stored in your PRS.
- Each PRS has a single quota, this is for the entire drive and is not related to specific folders.
- You can choose to share your PRS with others. You can do this for anyone with a University account through the self-provisioning tool.
- If you need to share your PRS with external collaborators, you will need to request a visitor account for each collaborator. This will enable access when on the Durham network but for anyone needing access to this storage offsite, VPN access will also need to be requested. It may be worth considering alternative solutions such as Box to facilitate collaboration.
- Your PRS will be deleted when you leave the organisation. Prior to this deletion your department must identify another owner for any data which needs to be retained. All other data will be deleted.
To access Personal Research Storage remotely use AppsAnywhere
- Anyone who is not a researcher but feels they justify PRS can make a request through the Self Service Portal (accessible using the link to the right of this article). Any request must subsequently be approved by your Head of Department.
- PDRAs and PGRs are entitled to PRS where their research justifies it, to make a request through the Self Service Portal (accessible using the link to the right of this article). Any request must subsequently be approved by your Head of Department.
- If you need to request an increase in your PRS quota, please use the Storage Tool (information available in the relevant Knowledge Article, accessible using the link to the right of this article).
- For information on how to recover documents, to map your PRS to your device, to find out more about the storage tiers or for information on the Storage Tool please access the relevant Knowledge Article (accessible using the link to the right of this article).
- For other PRS related queries please contact the IT Service Desk (ext. 41515).